Cosmetic Surgery Center
Cosmetic Surgeon located in Oklahoma City, OK
You knew that pregnancy would alter your body, but you may not have been prepared for such drastic changes. If having a baby has left you with a saggy tummy, stretch marks, pockets of diet-resistant fat, and misshapen breasts, you’re not alone. At Cosmetic Surgery Center in Oklahoma City, top-rated cosmetic surgeons Dr. Trent Fogleman offer the mommy makeover, a complete solution to help restore your pre-pregnancy appearance. To learn what a mommy makeover can do for you, call or book your appointment online today.
Mommy Makeover Q & A
What is a Mommy Makeover?
The mommy makeover is an intensive and highly personalized cosmetic solution that uses several surgeries to correct many of the most common body issues women endure after pregnancy and childbirth.
The ultimate goal of the mommy makeover is to help women regain their pre-pregnancy bodies, usually by focusing on the abdomen, breasts, and vagina. A typical mommy makeover may include a breast lift, a tummy tuck, and labiaplasty, a type of vaginal rejuvenation surgery.
A mommy makeover can address:
- Disproportionate breast size
- Deflated or sagging breasts
- Stretched nipples or areolas
- Loose or saggy vaginal structures
- Stretch marks or loose skin
- Imbalanced weight loss
- Pockets of diet-resistant fat
Because pregnancy affects each woman’s body differently, the procedures that are recommended for you will fit your specific needs and aesthetic goals.
What Procedures May Be Included In a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover may include any combination of cosmetic procedures that restore your pre-pregnancy appearance. Some of the most common mommy makeover procedures are:
- Tummy Tuck: Also known as abdominoplasty, tummy tuck surgery is used to create a smooth, firm abdominal profile by removing excess fat and skin and restoring weakened or separated muscles in the abdominal wall. Abdominoplasty can effectively remove virtually all of the stretch marks on your lower belly; it’s also an excellent way to effectively repair the abdominal muscle separation that commonly occurs during pregnancy.
- Breast Lift: Breast lift surgery raises and reshapes the breasts by removing excess tissue and supporting the breasts in a higher position. Because this procedure doesn’t increase size or adjust shape, it’s the perfect solution for moms who want their breasts to appear as they did prior to pregnancy, nursing, and postpartum weight loss.
- Breast Augmentation: Pregnancy may initially cause breasts to swell in size, but nursing and subsequent postpartum weight loss can lead to a loss of volume that makes breasts smaller than they were before pregnancy. Breast augmentation surgery uses silicone gel implants or saline implants to restore volume to breasts that have been left smaller by pregnancy; the procedure can also correct asymmetrical breasts or attain a more rounded shape.
- Liposuction: Liposuction uses a small, slender tube to target and vacuum out specific areas of diet- and exercise-resistant fat. This highly customizable procedure allows you to effectively sculpt away unwanted fat to get your pre-pregnancy body back. Liposuction is often combined with buttock augmentation surgery for more complete body contouring results.
- Butt Lift: Post-pregnancy weight loss can leave the gluteal area looking flat and saggy. Butt lift surgery, also known as a Brazilian butt lift or buttock augmentation, uses liposuctioned fat from your abdomen, flanks, hips, or thighs to reshape and lift your buttocks. In addition to helping you achieve a balance between your lower body and your upper body, the Brazilian butt lift also gives you a slimmer profile through your waist, hips, and thighs.
- Labiaplasty: Pregnancy, vaginal childbirth, weight loss, and aging can all impact the elasticity and contours of the vaginal structures, resulting in loose tissues. Labiaplasty, which is the most commonly performed type of vaginal rejuvenation surgery, is a cosmetic procedure that restores the appearance and contour of the vagina.
Am I a Good Candidate For a Mommy Makeover?
If you’re done having children, you’ve reached a stable body weight, and you’re no longer nursing your last child, you may be ready for a mommy makeover.
It’s particularly important to be sure that you don’t plan to have more children, as future pregnancies can compromise the results of your makeover. You should also be in good health, both physically and emotionally, and have realistic expectations before you schedule your procedure.
*Individual results may vary
We are now offering cosmetic services with Tempsure Envi, Firm, Flexsure and Vitalia, along with microneedling with Potenza. Call us to book your appointment today.