What is a Facelift?
A facelift is a comprehensive cosmetic procedure that involves the repositioning of soft tissues, including skin, fat, and muscle, to reconstruct a more youthful, rejuvenated contour along your face, jaw, and neck.
As one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries available, facelift surgery is widely considered the most direct and thorough way to treat loose, saggy facial skin brought on by the natural aging process.
The primary goal of a surgical facelift is to tighten underlying tissues and muscles while gently repositioning the skin; the technique has been described as somewhat similar to straightening and smoothing a tablecloth over a table.
Am I a Good Candidate For a Facelift?
You might consider having a facelift if you have loose, saggy facial skin that makes you look older than you feel. A facelift may be right for you if you have:
- Deep wrinkles, lines, and creases
- Fallen or imbalanced facial fat
- Sagging skin on your face or jawline
- Creased or sagging skin on your neck
- Droopy eyebrows or a sagging brow
- Deep wrinkles below your eyelids
A facelift can also help correct jowls, a double chin, and marionette lines — those long vertical wrinkles that extend down from the corners of your mouth.
Facelift surgery is most appropriate for a fully mature face that is showing signs of aging. If you’re in good physical and emotional health and you have realistic expectations, a facelift can help you look as young as you feel.
What Other Facial Surgeries are Available?
If you don’t need a facial surgery that’s as comprehensive as a facelift, Cosmetic Surgery Center offers a complete range of facial surgeries to correct more specific issues. Other facial surgeries include:
- Facial Fat Grafting: During this procedure, fat that’s been liposuctioned from your own body is purified and injected into areas of your face that appear deflated due to normal aging.
- Cheek Augmentation: This facial surgery typically uses cheek implants to enhance facial balance and provide a full, firm, and natural appearance. It’s an ideal solution for patients who are dealing with age-related facial deflation, or patients whose faces have been affected by trauma, disease, or a previous surgery.
- Brow Lift: A brow lift is a facial surgery that minimizes creases and other signs of aging on your forehead. Unlike a facelift, this procedure is even suitable for younger adults who would like to correct a genetically low brow or significant wrinkling.
- Eyelid Surgery: Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, achieves a more youthful appearance by removing excess fat from your eyelid area and tightening the surrounding skin. An effective way to correct droopy eyelids or under-eye bags, eye surgery is typically performed on both the upper and lower lids.
- Lip Augmentation: Lip augmentation, which is accomplished with injectable fillers, implants, or through surgical reshaping, provides structure and symmetry to your lips. This facial procedure typically focuses on the upper lip and the area of skin between the upper lip and nose.
- Chin Surgery: If the lack of a prominent chin makes your face appear unbalanced, chin implant surgery can add structure and symmetry. Although this facial procedure is often used to strengthen a less prominent chin, it’s also beneficial for patients whose chin appearance has been altered by trauma or disease.
- Neck Lift: A neck lift is a common facial surgery that’s used to improve the appearance of your neck, jawline, and lower face. By tightening the skin and underlying muscles and enhancing the overall contour of your jawline, a neck lift can make you look and feel years younger.
- Neck Liposuction: If you have stubborn fat deposits along your neck that don’t respond to diet and exercise, neck liposuction, or neck lipoplasty, is a safe and effective way to shape and contour your neck for a slimmer, smoother, and more youthful appearance.
- Ear Pinning Surgery: Ear pinning surgery, or otoplasty, is a common facial surgery that can be used to correct the balance, position, or shape of your ears. The procedure, which is often performed on children, is an ideal way to address natural aesthetic flaws and ears altered by injury.
*Individual results may vary